Black-I Robotics has developed a new Universal Robotic Tool System to improve the utility of robotic systems against various IED threats. Our current pricing and tool set options including photos and descriptions can be found at this linked address
Useful Against All Kinds of IEDs
The Robotic Tool System is specifically designed to improve robotic stand-off distance against
- Vehicle Borne IEDs
- Person Borne IEDs
- Baggage and Fuel Containers
- Buried IEDs
The basic idea is to help EOD, HAZMAT and SWAT teams improve the
utility of their existing robot investments and to assist these robots
in gaining access to suspect sites without endangering the person or the
EOD operators are familiar with the Israeli tool kits. This is a generational improvement on that concept. How?
- The tool sets have all seen generational design improvements
- The gripper blocks are now interchangeable between major robot models and manufacturers especially those used in the US.
- The system frankly costs a lot less
- We added new tools based on trials conducted for CTTSO/TSWG and the NIST VBIED tests. Not to mention we got specific user input from various bomb squads and added our own concepts.